If your YAHOO mail inbox is flooded with spam, it's time to do something. YAHOO mail has an effective filtering system. It can sort out most spam e-mail and help you put them in the spam folder. However, even the strong spam filter of YAHOO mail can't catch everything.
Send Spam mail to the Spam Folder in Yahoo Mail
You should manually mark any spam and send it to your inbox. This moves spam e-mail to a separate folder and provides this information to YAHOO. It can be used to fine tune YAHOO's filtering system to identify more spam e-mail. Open e-mail:
- Open YAHOO mail and click spammy email to open it.
- Go to the action icon line at the bottom of the e-mail, and click more.
- In the menu that opens, click This is Spam.
- E-mail is moved to spam mail folder.
- If you make a mistake, go to the spam Mail folder, open your e-mail, click More at the bottom of the e-mail, and then select Not Spam.
If email is special spam or you have manually marked it as spam in the past, but you still receive it. Open your e-mail and click on the e-mail field above the action icon line. Select "report spam" from the open menu. The email is moved to the spam mail folder and notified YAHOO. No other operation is required.
How to avoid spam
Despite the best efforts of YAHOO, spam can still be sneaked in. You can do something to reduce the amount of spam you receive.
- If you do not know the sender, please do not reply.
- Don't give others your personal e-mail.
- If you reply to spam mail and ask the sender to delete it. Don't do this. It's just telling the sender a real person to open the e-mail.
- Use e-mail aliases when shopping online.