Hootoo HT-TM05 has many uses, such as wireless travel routers, 10400 mAh power bank, USB streaming media, mobile AP. It is your good helper.
Access Point (AP) Mode
In AP mode, the TripMate Sith is first connected to a wired network, then other devices can connect to the TripMate Sith via its Wi-Fi connection.
- Turn on your TripMate Sith
- Connect your TripMate Sith to router or existing wired network
- Wait for the Wi-Fi LED to turn GREEN
- Now the Tripmate Sith has become an AP and a new connection named “TripMateSith-XXXX” will show in the list of Wi-Fi networks. Connect your device to it (default password 11111111).
Note: The same instructions apply for smartphones, tablets, laptops and other wireless devices.
In this mode, the TripMate is connected to a DSL or cable modem and works as a regular router.
- Turn on your HT-TM05. Connect it to a well-established modem.
- Ensure your device (PC/Smartphone/Tablet) is connected to TripMate Sith already (refer to previous instructions)
- Go to 10.10.10.254 via your web browser (IE, Safari, Firefox or an alternative web browser)
- Login with user name "admin" (all lower case) and no password (leave the password field blank)
- Click “Network Settings” – “Internet” – “Wired Access” where it will show Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE for router setup. Please consult your network administrator or refer to the user documentation of your network to check which one to select.
When connecting devices with network cables, make sure the cables are well connected. A loose connection is one of the most common reasons of network setup problems. A solid green Wi-Fi indicator means normal wired connection, please reset if indicator continues to flash blue and plug network cable in again.
In Bridge Mode, HT-TM05 can create a secured Wi-Fi with a new SSID based on an existing wireless network. Small restaurant, shop, bar, home, office and others where Internet service needs to be provided for guests without revealing the password of the existing network for hosts.
Setting your HT-TM05 to Bridge Mode will disable all its router capabilities and turn it into an access point. It will cease to act as a DHCP server.
- Open the TripMate Sith Login and Admin Page (Refer to Steps 1-5 from previous section "Router mode".
- Click "Network Settings" – "Internet" – "Wireless Access" to create the connection between your TripMate and your existing wireless Internet.
- TripMate Sith shall then broadcast the connection into a different SSID called 'TripMateSith-xxxx'.