It's convenient to receive all your emails in one place, whether you're using a desktop program or a mobile phone. Sometimes you want to use different e-mail clients or applications to send and receive your Yahoo e-mail. Then you must find the IMAP settings for your Yahoo Mail account and enter it into your email client or application. Yahoo provides IMAP access to your Yahoo Mail account, which can be used on mobile devices and desktop applications.
Access all your e-mail in one location
You can use regular e-mail programs (such as Gmail, Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird), or applications on your mobile device to receive and send e-mail. You just need to enter Yahoo IMAP and SMTP settings in the Settings section of the program you want to use. In addition to accessing your Yahoo Mail address through a web browser, you can also access it in other applications through IMAP settings.
Use IMAP to access your YAHOO mail account and your e-mail program
To access Yahoo Mail in an e-mail program, enter the following settings and make sure that everything you enter is correct.
- Yahoo Mail IMAP server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- IMAP port: 993
- IMAP TLS/SSL: yes
- IMAP user name: Your full Yahoo Mail address, such as [email protected]
- IMAP password: Your Yahoo Mail password
- Yahoo Mail SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP port: 465 (you can try 587 as an alternative)
- SMTP TLS/SSL: yes
- SMTP username: Your complete Yahoo Mail address, such as [email protected]
- SMTP password: Your Yahoo Mail password
Did you set it up successfully? You'd better save this page or share it with your Facebook. If you forget it later, you can always find it.