192.168.1.254 is a private IP address. It is the default IP address for some home broadband routers and broadband modems. There are many routers that use this IP. Common routers or modems include CenturyLink's 2Wire, Aztech, Billion, Motorola, Netopia, SparkLAN, Thomson, and Westell modems.
As a Private IP Addresses
The IP address 192.168.1.254 is the private IP address. It is one of the addresses reserved for private networks. This means that devices in this private network cannot be accessed directly from the Internet, but any device on the local network can connect to any other device on the public network.
Although the router itself has 192.168.1.254 private IP, it assigns different private IP addresses to any device in its network. All IP addresses on the network should be unique in the network to avoid IP address conflicts. Other common IP addresses used by modem and routers are 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101.
How to log in the IP address 192.168.1.254
The default IP address of the router is set in the factory, but you can change it at any time using its administrative interface. Open your favorite web browser and enter http://192.168.1.254 in the Web browser address bar. After entering the user name and password, you can access the router's console. You can change the router's IP address and configure several other options.
Default Passwords of 192.168.1.254
All routers have a default username, password and IP address. There are many routers using 192.168.1.254 IP addresses. Here are some common routers and their passwords:
- 2Wire router: Username: blank, Password: blank
- Aztech router: Username: "admin", "user", or blank, Password: "admin", "user", "password", or blank
- Billion router: Username: "admin" or "Admin", Password: "admin" or "password"
- Motorola router: Username: "admin" or blank, Password: "password", "motorola", "admin", "router", or blank
- Netopia router: Username: "admin", Password: "1234", "admin", "password" or blank
- SparkLAN: Username: blank, Password: blank
- Thomson router: Username: blank, Password: "admin" or "password"
- Westell router: Username: "admin" or blank, Password: "password", "admin", or blank
After you have opened the management console of the router, you can configure the router in many ways. Be sure to set a secure username and password. If you use the default username and password, anyone can access the router panel and change its settings without your knowledge.
Can I set my PC's IP address to 192.168.1.254?
Of course, but the premise is that your router can't use this address. All devices in the LAN have a unique IP address. If there are two devices in the LAN that use an IP address, it will cause IP conflict.